Peggy Chua Yoke Ching has dedicated her life in immersing herself in a preschool environment and working with children. In further pursuit of professional early childhood education, she first joined Dika College as a student in 2010, and came back to become a part-time lecturer two years after graduating and later a full-time lecturer in 2015. Given her vast experience, she continues to inspire the next generation of students to develop a life-long learning attitude and guides future early childhood educators to bring out their potential to be the best teacher they can to young children. She believes that the two important elements of being a teacher is being responsible and caring to your students. Peggy naturally shares a close bond with her students as she sees them as family, in which creates a more conducive learning and teaching environment that is beneficial to her and her students.
Being a professional with 20 years of experience, Peggy has been a preschool teacher in a few kindergartens since 1998 and later promoted to the position of principal and supervisor. She is currently the curriculum head in Bright Gates Learning Centre and also a full-time lecturer in Dika College. She has also explored the effects of technology on young children with her paper titled,”21st century classroom and the impact of electronic devices on young children”.
Areas of Expertise:
- Classroom and Behaviour Management
- Effective Management in Early Care and Education
- English for Reading and Writing
- Family and Community 1
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Nutrition & Hygiene
- Professional Skills for the Preschool Teacher
- Program Planning and Strategic Teaching
- Safety & Health
- Young Children and Play Development
- Master of Education (Early Childhood Education), UNITAR
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Dika College